Well curiosity killed the cat, but not my set-up. I resisted the urge to try out using the M80's as a 'phantom center' for all of 5 minutes... well that's a bit misleading, I've sort of wondered about it ever since I first read some on here prefered it to the VP150.

So anyway I went in and turned the center channel off (does this automatically create the 'phantom center' that you all talk about when it's in 5.1 mode? Because I did not prefer it at all. I thought it completely obliterated the center channel. And I'm one who does like more of the center information to come out of the mains. But this I didn't like. In fact turning the VP150 back on was so exponentially more impressive, and sound field expanding, that it made me wonder how anyone could choose the phantom center over the VP? This made me think that somehow I'm not getting the 'phantom center' that you all are experiencing. I couldn't be. If I was, then I must somehow have gotten ahold of a super top secret beta version of the new VP200 that's coming out in the future that's going to knock everyone's socks off!!!

Oh well, guess I may have just dodged a bullet. Right now I'm more in love with my VP150 than ever before, but had I experienced that phenomenom everyone talks about, perhaps right now I'd be wondering how in the hell I was going to fit another M80 underneath or above my 65 inch Sharp??? :P

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD