Originally Posted By nickbuol
Just keep in mind that Atmos and DTS:X really need direct radiating speakers and not bi/di/quad-pole speakers in order to image properly. Not saying that you can't try QS8s with Atmos or the upcoming DTS:X, but you won't get as precise of imaging as you could with monopole speakers.

Dolby reps told me this specifically last year at CEDIA 2014, and this year at CEDIA 2015, everyone was using monopole speakers for surrounds.

nick, thanks for your response and the info, but, if you read my OP, i never intended to use the QS8 speakers as ATMOS speakers. re-read my OP and it will be clear, i hope. i am stating that i'm upgrading to ATMOS and i will have 4 ceiling mounted speakers for ATMOS heights, i wanted to know from people who used QS8 speakers how they sounded at ear level since mine are currently mounted close to the ceiling. the QS8's would still do what they are doing now, channels 4-7 they will not be transmitting ATMOS speaker info. hope that cleared it up for you.

again, thanks for your response and that's great info for folks to know. just not what i was planning or asking.

SonySXRD55"
Marantz AV7702MKII pre-amp
Emotiva XPA-5,UPA-2amps,
14 Speakers, All Axiom
Oppo 105D&93