I have a coworker that I got him hooked up with Axiom speakers for his new house. He is a total cheapskate though, so he went with the smallest in walls and surrounds that he could get (M2 fronts, and a VP100, and 4 QS4s for surround duty). His space is a quite large, open basement with a LOT more CuFt of air than my 14x24x8 space. His directly opens up to a large wet bar area in the back and there is this big open stairway area that goes upstairs.

Everything sounds really good except he is trying to still use an old, small, underpowered sub. I think that it has an 8" woofer is all. Can't even get Audessey to calibrate to it correctly because in order to get enough dB in the room to start the calibration without it being all "flabby" sounding and distorted.

I agree though that the front sound stage should have the largest speakers you can get or afford since they do a bulk of the work, and then go with something smaller for surrounds, like usual. I really like the on-wall M3s. They can't handle the watts of the QS8s, but can go a bit deeper with their larger driver. Not saying that the QS8s aren't amazing, we all know that they are. smile

Farewell - June 4, 2020