Just a few more comments...

Yeah, my QS8 are sitting in boxes. They cost more than the M3 on-walls that currently are in my room. The four QS8s sit about 5 feet from my VP150 that is boxed up. I keep thinking about selling them or getting trade-in credit, but I just don't know (yet) how I can install something like on-wall M3s on to my ceiling safely, but almost flush (slighting tilted towards the listening area, but not down so far as what a FMBracket does.) I certainly don't want to punch big holes in my most sound-proofed surface of my theater (the ceiling) to put in-ceiling speakers up there. Until then, and until I can afford a new receiver that does both Atmos and DTS:X with power to all 11 speakers, I have time to figure it out.

Klipsch marketing is clueless. They didn't even have anything Atmos at CEDIA from a demo perspective. They aren't even really "in the game" yet. Heck, even Pioneer was further into the Atmos options that Klipsch, and Pioneer speakers are on the low/cheap end.

People shouldn't discount Atmos (or DTS:X) without ever even hearing it. Keep in mind that the Atmos and DTS:X processors do an incredibly amazing job of "upmixing" regular 5.1 and 7.1 into 5.1.4 and 7.1.4. You don't need to have dedicated mixes to get some really good improvement in playback effects. Also, you do NOT, I repeat, you do NOT have to add ceiling speakers to also benefit from Atmos or DTS:X. Both sound formats use what speakers you have. You might not get the "over your head" effects, but it will definitely make sound objects anywhere in your "speaker-height" listening plane of your current setup.

Last edited by nickbuol; 11/08/15 10:25 PM.

Farewell - June 4, 2020