Matt: I hear you about comfy seating. I would enjoy watching movies more myself if I had spent about another $2000 in the seating.

Solar: I never said that they didn't have Atmos enabled (upfiring) speakers, just that they didn't even touch the subject at CEDIA where you really want to show off your latest and greatest. They are still focusing on the 5.1/7.1 market. Nothing wrong with that, just saying that compared to other vendors that really wanted to show off Atmos and/or DTS:X (lower end like Pioneer, higher end like Triad, high end like JBL/Steinway Lyngdorf) who ALL had either upfiring demos (Pioneer and Triad), or overhead, (JBL and Steinway Lyngdorf) they all used direct radiating (monopole) surrounds. So setups from $2000 (receiver and 5.1.4 with upfiring speakers from Pioneer) to the $165,000 (processor, amps, and 9.1.4 with overhead speakers from Steinway Lyngdorf) all had direct monopole surrounds. Basically, every speaker was monopole.

Klipsch had a cool booth, but they seem to be doing a "us too" kind of approach to it instead of actually getting the quick and easy recommendations from Dolby and DTS themselves like other manufacturers did. Too bad because Klipsch has quite the following with a good % of the market.

Farewell - June 4, 2020