There are speaker manufacturers who are selling up firing speakers too and selling them as ATMOS. I personally could not care less as I have ZERO plans to got to that sound format. To me it's a total waste of money for honestly no real gain what so ever. Manufacturers are free to flog whatever they want. Dolby suggests what will work best, but it's not like THX that has a defined standard that must be met to get the official stamp logo.

The only part that has me somewhat interested was a comment made by DTS about their DTS-X in that they were saying that object based mixing they could let level control be given to each item, or for example, give a +5db to the voices object and not effect any other object that may be coming through that center speaker. That may be cool for those of use with slightly less accurate hearing who sometimes get stuck with badly mixed movies who loose the voice because too much other non essental audio is getting pushed out the center that it obscures what is being said.

I don't need sound coming from above me to enjoy a movie. I am not about to toss my QS8 surrounds let alone my LFR1100 fronts that are also omni polar.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5