Think Axiom could do well if for under a $1K they came out with a 10 channel amp that's sub 100W/channel.

If one did 75W/channel continuous into 8 ohms, all channels driven then the 4 ohm woofers could steal extra current from the other channels if they needed it (for 150W continuous or more depending on the Voltage on the rails). Given the extra efficiencies of active speakers I think this would be a great trade off ... and ...

I bet it would satisfy 95% of the people out there (i.e. those who listen at reasonable levels in moderately sized rooms) ...

Note: IMO this would be more power then 99% of receivers "spec'ed" in the 125W/150W range (it's amazing how one can get 100W/ch, 2 channels driven with a power draw at the wall of 60W ... one of the more egregious specs I've seen)

As a side note for Ian and Andrew (and I expect that they know this already) ... There are many really good inexpensive chips (like the TDA3255) which can do 2ch/chip at 100-125Watts ... and if your willing to drop down to half that ... 4ch/chip ... most of the cost in a unit like this is in the power supply ...

Last edited by rrlev; 10/14/19 08:50 PM.