For starters, if you have had a top of the line plasma(which it looks like you have), especially when it comes to the black levels, contrast and depth of colours, it is doubtful that you will ever be happy with any LED including the better QLED sets from Samsung and others which come relatively close, but at the price of crushed blacks and their top models you will pay almost as much as you do for an OLED anyway. The idea of lifespan and what the salesperson told you is questionable mainly because lifespan has many variables including how often you use the set and how bright you prefer your picture settings and this applies to any technology. Burn in is an issue that has for the most part been mitigated with new technologies built into recent models of OLEDS to the point that the the new LG OLEDS are now at the top of the food chain for gamers. Also, off axis viewing in OLEDS can't be beat. LG manufactures all of the OLED panels for OLED models anyway regardless of the brand(Sony, Panasonic, Vizio etc.).

There is no question that the better QLED's are brighter, but, that is only if you require a television that is located in a room that always has a considerable amount of extraneous light shining on the screen all the time. I bit a rather large bullet back in late May and bought a 77" LG CX OLED and compared to my previous LEDs, especially for movie viewing, well, there is no comparison, especially in a darker room watching in HDR or Dolby Vision. One note of interest, when the colorists for movie studios put their final touches on any movie before it is released to the theaters, they only use one type of technology for set-up, OLEDs, nothing else.

All of this, of course, is my opinion, but I have owned both and, like I said right at the beginning, if you have had a plasma and love it, the only technology that will match that picture quality will be an OLED, the OLED will just be somewhat brighter.

Last edited by casey01; 11/03/20 03:18 PM.