Originally Posted by Rebulx
I went with the OLED about two years ago now and it's been great. Amazing black levels. There is a burn in effect you have to watch out for and i'm starting to see a slight sign of it where the broadcaster logos go. otherwise sharpest picture i've ever seen.

The 2020 LG models have a number of features that mitigate burn-in in all but the most extreme cases.
For eg. when you are watching any programming regardless of source, there is a gradual "pixel shifting" mechanism going on which is virtually unnoticeable so there is never really a static set of pixels on the screen at any given time. There is also a more intense "pixel refresher" feature that they suggest if any retention becomes noticeable or just for maintenance purposes once or twice a year, when activated in the screen saver menu, a more intense process takes place for at least an hour after you turn off the television.
In addition, there is the ability to soften some static logos and if, you leave the monitor on where there is fixed images on the screen for just a few minutes, like a computer, the screen goes black and a screen saver activates. Just moving the remote returns to what was on the screen.

I suppose this latter item might be a pain to some, however, ultimately, you get used to it. Incidentally, there was a YouTuber whom in order to test the burn-in claims by some, turned on CNN with all their logos and fixed images for three straight days/24 hrs. a day and reported he never had a hint of any burn-in or image retention. It seems, for the vast majority, other than for the odd few who might have received a flawed panel, under normal usage, burn-in hasn't been an issue.