Not sure if posting my setup will help but below is how I setup my LG OLED

First this page has some of the Picture settings definitions
https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-...-or-4k-oled-tv-CT10000018-20150577528034
Skip the video and goto the “Definitions” tab below it. It will give you instruction on setting a lot of these settings

My Goal is to get color accurate setup
I have a colormunki calibrator for my computer but have not spent the time to figure out if and how to use it with the LG … basically needed to tune the picture for panel variations.

My environment is a Dark Room with fairly dark walls
these settings are for SDR. I believe HDR and Dolby vision content automatically adjust things when detected. If you are playing HDR off of disk make sure you enable “Ultra HD Deep Color” for that input. If your playing it though and AVR then you might also have to enable a similar parameter in it as well.

Also, if you want more control over HDR you can try setting up your own parameters under the Picture Mode:HDR Effect. Same with Dolby Vision … try picture mode: Cinema. Note to use these you would need to manual switch modes for content type.

On remote click gear (setup): click “all settings” (vertical “…”), click “Picture” …

Picture:
  • Picture Mode: Expert (Dark Room)
    • OLED Light: 77 (your choice here as it’s environment dependent)
    • Contrast: 85
    • Brightness: 50
    • Sharpness: 10
    • Color: 50
    • Tint: 0
    • Advanced Controls
      • Dynamic Contrast: off
      • Super Resolution: off
      • Color Gamut: Auto (choose according to content)
      • Gamma: 2.2
      • WhiteBalance: Color Temperature: Warm 2
  • Energy Savings: off (I hate doing this but anything else mucks with my settings)
  • Additional Settings
    - Eye Comfort Mode: off

This results in a somewhat dark picture and I may try playing a bit more to brighting it up (OLED Light, Contrast, and Brightness). The goal being to brighten but not loose detail in shadows or highlights while retaining a true black.

Have fun, Rich