As a matter of fact, I was looking for that TCL model monitor, but, at the time, this past May, I couldn't find it and I had my heart set on a large screen OLED anyway and even though I am not a gamer, the FOUR 2.1 HDMI inputs, 120 HZ and all the other bells and whistles seems to have made it quite "future proof". Of course, that was UNTIL I happened to see the $30,000 LG 88" 8K OLED. Now, to say the least, that was something.

As far as Vizio is concerned, given how few of their higher end models were available, at times, one would be hard pressed to say they were even in the Canadian market anyway and even in the U. S. adequate and consistent inventory in retailers has always been a perennial problem with them.

I guess what additionally helped me make my choice along the way was a report that came out in Consumers Report magazine not long ago that stated even with all the new and exciting varied technologies available in monitors, when it comes to reliability and consistency, ultimately, you still get what you pay for with OLEDs at the top of the list primarily because it is a simpler technology without all the multiple layers of LCDs required to produce the picture.

Last edited by casey01; 11/25/20 03:27 PM.