The new Tv is a LG CX 77" OLED.
I'm using the "user for dark rooms" setting. It was defaulted to another "AVS" or something like that right out of the box. On that setting the greens were neon nuclear and whites super bright (both contrast and OLED light values were set to 100!). Yes kind of looks like it really pops, but it's not accurate.
I use the 'dark rooms' setting but changed the option from Warm 2 to Warm 1 for colour temp. As a person who watches hockey, ice should never be 'slightly beige'.
That's just heresy.

I'll need to get myself a whole new dvd for tweaking colours and such. I have contemplated buying into the equipment and doing home calibration but then again, i'm getting a bit less extreme with age. I think i'll just tweak by eye to what makes sense but would still like to have an accurate reference to do that since any given youtube or other video may be modified by the director to look extra bright or whatever and hence would throw off an eyeball attempt at tweaking the settings.

Incidentally, any HDR content goes into yet another colour mode which in itself also needs to be tweaked.
[sigh]

Last edited by chesseroo; 02/06/21 12:54 AM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."