Originally Posted By: audiosavant
I think a part of being a liberal means that you care about the least fortunate (even when you are prosperous) and believe that society is better off if those people have a little help when they need it. I choose to see the "better" in people. A lot of the current crop of "conservatives" see the worst in people and think that you should just pull yourself up by the bootstraps. But you have to have "boots" first to do that!

I'm on the fence with most of the politcal opinions in this topic (many of which seem to be giving Ann Coulter a good run for her money, LOL). I am however, a little confused with the above statement. Statistics on donations and support put "liberals" quite some distance behind "conservatives". Try do a little digging into "who gives more to charity liberals or conservatives" and let me know what you find. I would call myself an independant and enjoy researching both sides of the discussion here. So far, I'm discovering it more difficult finding evidence to support many of the liberal type comments although many of the "arguments" do come across as convincingly strong. Much like Coulter and her "right-wing" rhetoric.

Epic 50 - 500 System ( M50 / QS4 / VP100 / EP500 )