Regarding extremities, errr, extremists. There are people who have/had what would be considered extreme views in their time, such as Eratosthenes many years BC, who proved that the Earth was a sphere and that it lay tilted on it's axis. This would have been considered risky in his time to be sure, and although he proved his 'extreme' belief, it really wasn't accepted for hundreds and hundreds of years when explorers started taking to their epic sea voyages. He presented his findings, and it was up to the people to accept or discard them.

Now, where these modern extremists(political, religious ect) are coming from, there is only ONE truth, and that is theirs. They would see you as an obstacle to conquer, because you do not follow their path. No compromise.

I consider myself something like 2/3 Conservative and 1/3 Liberal, though when I find any particular party starts abusing their power(seems to be human nature), I always tend to vote against them. We get a mixture of Canadian and American TV broadcasts in Canada, so we see some of these Coulter and O'Reilly types, and there's another kind of flakey guy with a bowtie as well. These people are sooo far to the right, I feel I need to place a level on my TV to staighten it out again. That doesn't mean to say there aren't legitmate concerns brought up by them....as far as the 'extreme' left goes,I shake my head when they think they can negotiate with people who blow up busfulls of innocent men, women and children amongst many other atrocities.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.