Well, regardless of who is rude or who isn't, I, like Peter, am tired of statements like "the excessive brightness that Onkyo is known through out the industry for." being presented as hard fact, rather than as a personal opinion. I suspect that is the cause of Peter's abruptness.

Posting unsubstantiated rumors, as anything other than opinion, is a little on the rude side also. I have no objection to the poster, or anyone else, believing this statement, but I do have a problem with posting it as fact without providing proof of that fact. Had the poster stated that "in his opinion, Onkyo is bright," we wouldn't be having this conversation. But, since he posted that it is "known throughout the industry," I don't think it excessive to ask him to substantiate that statement. We, after all, have an obligation to those who come here to learn (and don't we all), to stick as close to fact as possible, and be responsible for our statements, so as not to mislead anyone looking to spend their hard-earned money.

IF it is hard fact, IF this is "known throughout the industry," then the poster who made the statement should be able to post some scientific evidence, other than the opinions of others who also believe the statement, that it is, indeed, a fact.

I've heard this "Onkyo is bright" litany, on occasion, before, but have yet been presented with any graph, or other scientific proof that this is the case.

Please post PROOF, or else we'll have to assume it is just a myth being spread by the uninitiated. My mind is open.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton