rock- you seem particularly aggressive and seem to have a down right $hitty attitude through out this whole thread.. whats the deal man? i think it has been established that we ALL have different opinions on what equip we do or dont like, but i just get the impression that you want to keep egging this thing on.. why?

just curious? and for the record, i dont find my Onkyo 701 to be bright at all. i have wondered... i have a receiver that is considered 'bright', and i have axiom speakers, that are often considered 'bright', then my system should sound like complete $hit.. yet, everyone of my friends that has come over and listened to my HT, says it is hands down the best HT they have ever heard. and these aint salesmen, or back slappin ego boosters. these are guys that have HT's themselves, and know the difference between a good and bad system. so 'bright', 'detailed', 'forward', whatever term you wanna use, its just your opinion. so please, do us a favor, get off the soap-box and spare us the grief.

i am cool with everyone having their own opinions.. but you dont have to keep shoving it down out throat like its a fact. it just causes a bunch of ugliness, and in my opinion, that is bad.....

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??