WOW, you guys need to borrow some valium from ken...

SXU- i do have the onkyo 701, which is basically the 801 without the netcard feature, and i really dig it. it has plenty of bells and whistles to satisfy any HT craving, and has MORE than enough power to push my M60's to deafening levels. in fact, as i have mentioned before, i have yet to get the volume knob to max cause it literally hurts my ears with how loud it is. as far as performance and clarity, i think it is terrific. i think the receiver does well with music and movies, and i have no issues with the "brightness" factor that has been mentioned. keep in mind, i have never heard my onkyo with any other speakers than my M60's, but i have heard other brands of receivers with different brands of speakers. i truly think that onkyo offers a product that is on par with the other receivers in the same market.(denon, yamaha, HK, etc.) in addition, now that the 802's have been released, you should be able to find the 801 at some great prices. i wouldnt be surprised if you can get it for under $500, and that a steal.

BTW- the only downside to my onkyo, is that it can run a little hot when pushed hard for extended amounts of time. it hasnt been a problem, but be aware that you will need to have it in a well ventilated area, so it can get plenty of fresh air. other than that, ROCK ON!!!

feel free to IM me if you have any specific questions you would like answered.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??