SXU,
From the initial responses, you can see that we are a diverse group in terms of equipment and opinions. You will need to accept that we all have different views, experiences and tastes. In terms of your choices, I would agree that you should have little trouble and enjoy your pieces.

Ok, my turn:

Minirock: I would have to agree with the sentiment that proof should be provided. There are far too many people who provide feedback on this board that do not, or can not substantiate their claims to be more than their own subjective opinion. You mention “people in the industry” then it should be easy to point to references. However, it can work the other way, as reviewers have biases as well. But regardless if we put any credibility in the source - it is generally accepted as an educated opinion backed by some level of technical detail. I must say that I will read such reviews, but do not rely or trust them to be the gospel.

PMBUKO: I believe minirock was agreeing that the piece should deliver, but had something to add. I agree with your message, but not the delivery. Maybe you meant nothing by this, but I must admit I reread the response – and to be honest other similar sounding response from you – and I was left unsure of the motive.

On your shopping experience, I once had a salesperson friend who shared the “secret guide to sales” unwritten rules of the trade, and some actual training he “endured” for a large company. The amusing part was that sales reps learn to determine the level of the purchaser, and tailor their selling techniques to deliver what it is their current purchaser will buy. It could be that you were deemed to be at the level of Paradigm and Onkyo, and the rep knows not to bother to provide anything above, or below this level of equipment.

KC MIKE : perhaps…as stated above the deliver was misguided. Pieces can have differences, and that can stem from design differences, quality of internal parts, and the aim of the product. You must also understand that everyone’s tastes, experiences and hearing ability is different.

AJAX: dear ole’ Jack….you have been around here long enough to realize this happens every day or two…..people have opinions, they quote sources, drop names, make common errors in judgment. We all have our pet peeves about things, but they will happen again. Had the conversation taken an “IMO, Onkyo is brutal…” direction, would that be better? If you read the threads – and I know you do – most of what is posted is opinion! Even when reviews are quoted, we must understand that most of it is based on the reviewer’s opinion. Sometimes there are some technical details, but again, the lack of standards applied to all pieces within a realm (speakers, amps, etc) means this can be used as a marketing tool.

SNAKEYES: good points – except that if people post first hand experience, and it is not favorable, we get the same retorts from those who disagree. If you like Onkyo and I honestly find Onkyo bright, who is correct? If it is opinion, then we both are correct.

Ok, now that I have typed more in one response than in a typical week, I will jump down off my soapbox and lead a group hug!!!! LOL