Wow, I'm actually stunned that Bowden made the Wikipedia... they really do have a little something about EVERYTHING don't they!

The golf coarse is nice, my grandmother lived in a house directly across from it. So I have many memories of it from my childhood. One of my favorites being jumping the fence in the winter on a Skidoo (the snow drifts went up over the top of thhe fence), with the Skidoo going one way, and me the other, and laughing so hard I had to do it again, and again, and again!

But being a youngster I didn't visit the golf course much beyond that experience. The only other great thing to do around Bowden was go visit the dump. Ah how could childhood memories get any better than sorting through other peoples trash for fun?

One of the stories I've always told people down here in the US is when I'm asked about if the myth of Canadian's being obsessed with hockey is true. I say look, I was raised from age 5 to age 10 in a dusty little town in Alberta with around 800 (I see in that Wikipedia post that it's grown 50%) inhabitants. We had a general store, a gas station a school that went from kindergarden to grade 13 (when there still was a grade 13) in one building, and not much else. But by golly they had themselves an indoor, climate controlled hockey arena in that tiny little town, and all the towns people, the neighboring farmers and anyone else with transportation was packed into that place every friday night for hockey night!

Oh yeah, Canadian's love them some hockey!!!

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD