I spent a considerable amount of time over the weekend scanning the internet and looking at many speaker manufacturer's websites(at all price levels)and quite surprisingly the only companies that I have found(other than ED)that have designed and are offering a center channel that is similar in size and driver configuration to their floor standing designs are Axiom and Paradigm. There may be others out there but all of the others that I have seen generally have center channels of various configurations with only "some" of the drivers and considerably smaller cabinets that they still "tout" as being "timbre matched" to their L/R speakers and these include many in the thousands of dollars in cost.

It would seem in the end, when all is said and done(and it would seem the folks at Axiom realized this), I guess you can't defy the laws of physics in that unless you can have identical vertically matched speakers across the front, OR in order to get that maximum performance in a horizontally oriented speaker, you still need the "box" and in one configuration or another, ALL the matching drivers.