Talking about showing your system to a friend, here's and interesting side story. I had a friend (actually, the person I hired as my general contractor for our home addition 2 years ago) and his family over last weekend for dinner. He's building a new house and was interested in my input for his new theater. I had only showed him my setup once when he was building the addition. I mentioned a new speaker that I had (the VP180, which just came in the mail), and before I could even mention the manufacturer, he remembered that I had Axioms. I was pretty surprised that he remembered that, but then he told me how floored he was with the sound he heard when I played them for him (2 years ago for about 10 minutes).

This time, they all came down to the theater and I played a scene from Avatar (have not played the whole movie yet, but it was a scene where the main character was trying to capture what looked like a dragon). Anyway, we all watched for at least 10 minutes, and they were mesemerized (actually, I was too. The subs were really moving some serious air in that scene. You could feel the shock waves hitting you as the dragon flapped it's wings).

When it was over, my friend and his wife said they never experienced anything like that. The sound was better than any home theater they heard. Their little girl was really excited and said it was better than seeing it in the movies.

LFR1100 Actives,QS10HPx2,QS8x2,EP800,M3x4,M3x2 (Wood),M5HPx2 (Wood),AxiomAir,ADA1500-8,ADA1500-7