As both Nick and I have said the more you do before RC the better the end result. I use Dirac Live and you can run it for a single seating situation such as for a 2 channel setup or for a movie theater situation. My Emotiva pre/pro only stores one calibration which is disappointing. Emotiva will be adding Dirac Unison soon to the XMC-1 as well. As I have never used Anthems software I don't know how it works but Dirac does a lot more than just frequency response. Honestly a lot of what it does is outside my expertise but I do like the results. If you really want to get down and dirty I feel you need to start with something like REW (Room EQ Wizard) and a good calibrated mike and get the room as good as you possible can then run your RC. I did a lot of this when I lived in the rental house I was in but I have recently purchased a house and there are so many other things that need my attention I have not gotten around to anything HT except setting things in place. Winter is coming so I am sure my attention will turn to indoor activities soon enough. Oh an DAMN owning a house is XPENSIVE. LOL

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry