Ok so it seems that the speaker is working as intended to start in its own wifi mode. This is appropriate for when I take the speaker to the beach or camping, etc and I want to access the UI so as to play the music on the USB I have attached to it.

But my confusion is this- why would the speaker join my Network at all? Why am I not able to just airdrop to it like my kid’s Bluetooth speaker? We turn it on and voila it’s right there in our airdrop list. Does the AA not work like this because I need to have a Bluetooth dongle for it?

It seems to me I should be able to turn it on and access it through its wifi hotspot as well as find it in my phone to airdrop my music or run apps through. It does both at the moment but only one or the other at a time. I’m guessing if I went into the Network list and found my router and logged in, it would join up (I haven’t tried yet) and I would be able to find it as an airdrop but why should I have to connect it to my Network to airdrop to it? Why does it not just show up like a Bluetooth speaker does? I’m pretty sure this has worked before because I’ve been camping with no Network available and I seem to recall being able to play music from my phone through the AA.

Last edited by Timmeh; 12/19/18 03:50 PM.