This is great.
Thanks Ian.
I hope all this gets put into the new user manual.

Originally Posted By Ian
Hi Chesseroo,

Apple will only ask you about putting the AirPlay speaker on your network once. You can go ahead and do that, then open the AxiomAir App, click on the gear, click on Network, then connect to your network again but put a bogus password in. This will cause the AxiomAir to go back to Hotspot and forget your home network going forward.
Your phone does not want to be on two networks at the same time so shutting off the cell network when using the Hotspot is a good plan or you will be dropping the Hotspot all the time. You also do not want to use the Hotspot when you are around a network your phone has the credentials for or it will always keep defaulting back to the network that is on the internet.

I got all that done. The iPhone now easily connects to the Air via the app and via the wifi settings.
The weird part is i'm having trouble getting the Android now to have Bubble consistently recognize the Air as a renderer especially when switching between control with the iPhone and Android. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.
If i reboot both the Android phone and the Air, i can get control again. It's weird because the Android phone can connect to the Air via wifi settings, yet Bubble just doesn't see it as a renderer.
One thing i have yet to test a few times to be sure this method works 100% is a very specific setup procedure that seemed to work smoothly after the reboot.

1) Find Axiom Air on the wifi settings in Android (i'm using a Pixel 2 so it may be possible this is specific to the Google product and not all Android phones).
2) Connect BUT do not open the popup tab that asks for a login. Just ignore this.
3) Open the Air UI in the app or in a browser if needed.
4) Make sure the unit is not set to analog input.
5) Now open BubbleUPNP and see if the Air is listed as a renderer.

Quote:

I will have the max volume feature put back in. It will come with a future update.

This is fantastic.
Really a necessary feature to keep guests/kids from putting it into a distortion level of volume. I had it kicked up to 100% the other day for a few seconds and the Air was rumbling itself off my table.

Last edited by chesseroo; 01/06/19 06:07 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."