In reply to:

I don't believe the method of testing for single frequencies is an adequate methodology.

You keep saying this, and yet I don't think anyone in this thread, or the author of the 'rant' chess linked, has argued the opposite, nor have you responded to those arguing for testing with regular music, which I assume you'd be fine with. To quote Peter:

In reply to:

I, too, believe that scientific tests should be tempered with real-world listening. That's why double-blind tests are so appropriate. They involve listening to actual music, not test tones. They involve using your ears. They involve the concept of repeatability.

If you listen to two dissimilar receivers alternately swapped into a system, and you are never aware which component is currently active, you should be able to reliably hear a difference in the sound if all receivers of similar quality don't sound the same. This is a real-world, ears-only test -- no gadgets other than an SPL meter to level match the receivers are used.

As far as I know, this is how most double-blind tests are performed - with regular music. How do you feel about this (I'm being honest - I don't think I've caught a response from you regarding double-blind testing).

Oh, and also:

In reply to:

Reference 3a De Capo mm speakers are a steal at $2,500 a pair (book shelf size).

Some might argue whether $2500 is a steal for bookshelf speakers.