Just an initial warning: I don't mean to insult anyone and I love you all. This is a product of very little sleep.

For those who skimmed this thread, here's a quick recap (with apologies and winks where appropriate):

chessroo: Check this out- more proof there really aren't gremlins inside of speakers.

assorted folks: Cool, that's good to know-- I'll stop stuffing food down the gorilla port.

2x6spds: scientific reductionism is *so* mid-1900s. We're in the postmodern era- who are you to say there aren't gremlins in speakers?

assorted folks: gremlins?!? HAHAHA

Raindance: No wait, guys- 2x might have a point.

assorted folks: gremlins?!? HAHAH...

Raindance: Not exactly gremlins in the normal sense of the word, but there might be some properties of speakers or amps that aren't easy to measure or conduct double-blind tests on. [I took the liberty of conveniently adding on that last bit here, even though I never said it- RD]

eightmanvt: I wish I had $15000 to blow on an amp!

pmbuko: so... if no one can hear the difference repeatedly in tests, what makes you think the difference is there (if you can't see it, feel it, smell it, hear it, taste it, then...)? What are you smoking, anyway?

pmbuko: oh yeah, and science rocks!

bigjohn: avocados rock!

tomtuttle: you guys are crazy.

BigWillI like monkeys.

pmbuko: me too.

various folks: We like food.

2x6spds: well, I don't like food. I do like my speakers. You lack understanding, grasshopper- your way of understanding speakers- to wit, your science- is weak.

pmbuko and kcarlile: you science hater!!

2x6spds: I didn't mean that the way you took it. And anyway, are we really talking about science here?

chessroo: Yes we are.

bigjohn: I'm an addict- I need help!

BigWill: 2x6spds, don't you remember-- the first rule of gremlin club is you do not talk about...

2x6spds: nevermind that- I think I have a scientific point here.

Raindance: Science does rock, pmbuko. But hey, this guy who wrote the article is a fake!

BrenR: can't we all be scientific and get along?

AdamP88: I don't get along with those who don't like double-blind listening tests!!

bigjohn: I like beer.

---------
To be continued...