Ok so I feel the need to chime in here with a question and a point.
The Question:
2x6, have you studied statistics in any rigorous fashion? (meaning, more than a highschool stat class.) I don't mean this question as any form of intelligence jab, I just want to know if you're familiar and comfortable with arguments regarding statistical significance and controlled experimentation.
The Point:
The placebo effect is not "mythical". It is a real effect that is observed across the board in science whenever the human body is relied upon as a measuring device. Listen to a commercial for something like "Allegra" and they say things like "side effects were mild, and similar to sugar pill". They're saying that the group of people they gave the placebo drug to came to them complaining about side effects when all they were taking was sugar! Similarly you might find a lot of experiments done in perceptory psychology to be pretty disconcerting with regard to the accuracy of human perception, if you feel like digging any up that is.

[black]-"The further we go and older we grow, the more we know, the less we show."[/black]