These guys are speaking the truth. Paradigm DOES make a good speaker. Like Axiom, they use the anechoic chamber at the NRC in Canada to accurately measure their speaker's frequency responses and they use that data to help design better speakers.

Like the guys above said, I used to own Paradigm Monitor 9s, which were their largest unpowered speaker in their Monitor line (one step down from Reference). I really liked the sound of the 9s. They were crisp, but not bright and had a clear midrange. They also handled bass well enough that I didn't bother buying a subwoofer.

Then the M22s came into the picture. I bought them because my wife wanted to have smaller speakers in the living room. At first I thought I would have to downgrade in sound to satisfy the speaker size requirements, but boy was I wrong. Before I sold the Monitor 9s, I was able to do some back-to-back listening tests. About the only thing I the Paradigms did better than the Axioms was bass -- but that's a no-brainer due to the size differences.

The M22s played so much more cleanly and sounded so much more life-like. I couldn't believe my ears. Switching to the Monitors made the soundstage immediately collapse in on itself.

Needless to say, I am a very happy camper, especially since I have a great sub (SVS PB1-ISD) to fill in the M22's lacking lower end.