Quote: "Seems like you are doing a hell of a lot of homework without even reading the material."

That was the WHOLE point, for me at least, from the beginning. I don't want to -- or can't -- audition a whole bunch of brands before I buy. My goal was to examine the entire market and narrow the field as much as possible BEFORE I audition anything. You know -- research. Why else would I venture into hostile territory like this? This has helped me hash out a lot of things, thinking out loud, re-evaluating what I want, etc. I was at am impasse. Hell, I was considering only 2-channel stereo when I first came here, but not anymore.

Sorry, but there's a lot of competition on the market. Axiom isn't the only "material" out there. Whatever I audition, I already want to know it's probably the best system for me in terms of sound vs. cost going in.

I didn't force anyone to reply to this thread or any other. I came here as an alternative method of seeking information. That's all. Now I feel I have almost all of the information I need to make the right decision. That was my whole point in my coming here, and it worked for the most part.

I'm not going to start a Boston v. Axiom thread now. I don't want to see Axiom get its butt kicked on its own board.

Just kidding.