I might go the other route. I might fix the mains I have now, get a new receiver, a center and some bookshelf's. With some new foam, my mains will sound quite good. Even though they're 16 years old and swimming at the bottom of the "high-end" pool, they sound much better than my neighbor's 1-year-old Digm Monitors. Out of the box, his were much better. One year later, mine are. Go figure.

I've actually come around full circle. I wasn't considering a Boston system due to the cost and the fact that I wanted to try something different. But if I've decided to spend more, then Boston comes back into the mix. I like their sound. They have a clear high end that isn't harsh. All I have to do is take the treble down a half-notch on my tuner, and they're fine. They're not a "fashionable" brand, and most people have never heard them, but they are quality. Only problem is they don't sell direct (I think) so finding a dealer in my area could prove challenging.

Since the mains are the most expensive component by far, I can wait and save for them. Then I might be able to afford better mains in the long run, which will vastly improve the overall sound. And Boston has a good selection of mains to choose from at different price points.

Axiom v. Boston Acoustics. Mmmmm.... Sounds interesting. And a fairer match-up than Axiom v. Streem. Now we're comparing apples to apples, baby.

Let the games begin!