Have you heard one of those things? I always wondered if those Bose ads in magazines were B.S. or not. How long do you think Bose can keep selling its name before the masses catch on to their scam? If my neighbor is any measure, the answer is probably forever.

When you have two 6" woofers, one of them is probably going to be dedicated to the mid-range and one to the lower. I'm not saying that they have separate crossovers, but that isn't necessary. In 2-1/2 way systems, one woofer gets the mid-range and the low range naturally spills over to the other. I'm not sure how it works. I'm not an electrical engineer. Maybe that isn't the case with Axioms. I'm not sure.

But if you make that second woofer an 8" rather than a 6, you'll get lower frequencies at higher dB's than with two sixes. That's what I would prefer.

One six dedicated to the low frequencies or two 6's that hit the mid's and lows together might give you more bass than an 8" that hits both the lows and mids. Then again, they might not. My Boston's could thump pretty good until I blew out the foam. And for a long time I thought they were 3-ways until I took off the grills. They just have an 8" woofer and a tweeter, but they deliver a surprising amount of mid-range. So much so that I'm not sure where it came from.