Honest opinions are always welcome. That's what I came here for. Problem was, a lot of flamers in the other threads just decided to take a dump on Streem for no reason. That's not what I was looking for. Online, it's hard to separate the well-meaning people from the morons. Things got out of hand. It was bound to happen. What's done is done.

From what I've read, I'm starting to think that Streem isn't nearly in the same class as Axiom. I read some M80 reviews on AudioReview last night. Lots of people equate their sound with B&W, Paradigm Studio and Reference, Klipsch, et al. That's pretty elite company. One guy liked VMPS a lot better, but he wound up paying $4,600 for a pair. OUCH! I wouldn't mind giving ribbon tweeters a try, too. I'm just gonna have to rob a bank first.

There's no way Streem can compete with those elite brands for the prices they're charging. It's just not possible. The HT-808 + Denon AVR-884 = $1,000. The M60's + VP150 + 2(M2i) + Denon = $1,800. That's really not too much more, I guess. I may have to build the system over time instead of buying it all at once. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

After listening to how crappy my neighbor's Paradigm Monitors sounded after only a year of his abuse, I doubt that Streem is gonna cut it for me. I didn't even bother listening to one full track from any of the 4-5 CD's I brought over to his house. It was that bad. I watched his blurry big-screen TV instead.

A Streem in-home audition is becoming unlikelier by the day. I don't want to waste money on return shipping that I could put into a better system.