Back to your original question. Dam guys, lighten up and you'll see the humor in Mark's posts. Some of you just can't take a joke. It's pretty obvious Mark has no ill intentions if you stop rushing to pass judgment and make assumptions. Chilllllllllll............

I too really liked the Studio 100's. I liked them more than the B&W 703-s. I've posted this elsewhere, but, I personally think the M80's sound is more akin to the 100's than the 703's. The M80-s do have less base than the 100-s, but not much, and are definitely more detailed at the high end, with a tighter mid range (that's detailed, not bright). But, for about $1300 less money, I bought the M80-s and then an Outlaw LFM sub for $700 shipped. I'm still $600 less than the Studio 100-s and the sound in my great room (where the 80's and outlaw is) is terrific. I have all the detail I could ever want for the type of recordings that need it, and I have all the base I could want, and more, for the base heavy recordings. Plus, what I have now will play considerably louder than if I would have bought the Studio 100's. Not that I'll ever need that much volume, but it's there when I need to make a point. All in all, I think my combo is considerable better sounding than if I would have bought the Studio 100's. And on a side note, I have no base or treble controls on this set up. I am running it through my second zone on the H/K 7200. When running the second zone, I get straight stereo and can not use any of the receiver's base management functions or base/treble controls. All I can do now is play with sub's X-over and volume.

And on another side note, the store that had the Studio's also carried Boston Acoustics. I listened to everything, plus some $5000 McIntosh speakers. The B/A's didn't come close, in my humble opinion, to the Studio line. The McIntosh speakers were amazing, but not $5000 worth of amazement.

When folks come over to my home, they all comment on the sound system. I haven't had anyone say anything that isn't completely positive. Then I pull the covers off, and they're really impressed.