After looking at the dimensions again for the StarTech 42U unit, I think I'll have to pass on it. It's deeper than I'd like, so I'm going to look at rigging up my own adjustable shelving. Not sure yet if I'll try to frame up something that will take rackmount shelves or not. I'll see what other vented shelving is out there, I suppose. My dad said we could build out the media closet so it sticks into the room a little and can accommodate the StarTech cabinet, but I think I'd like to keep it flush with the rest of the wall.

I still haven't heard back from the local theater on where I can pay for my theater seats and pick them up. I'll message him again at the end of the week if I don't hear anything.

I think the construction company and I may be able to talk my dad into carpeting the HT area instead of tiling it. It would be less work and cheaper, since there would have to be work done to make the floor perfectly level. Carpeting would also mean I wouldn't have to buy a nice area rug. I'd rather put money into sound isolation than floor tiles. Fingers crossed that he'll go for it.