I've been shooting out some emails. I emailed Acoustic Sciences Corporation with some preliminary questions about what they might be able to achieve in my basement given some of the obstacles. He has a lot of questions for me, so he wants me to give him a call instead of trying to email back and forth for three weeks. Good idea. As soon as I can get my dad to be available at the same time, I'll call, as I'm sure many of the questions are ones my dad will have to answer.

I also emailed RealTraps to see what they might recommend for my room, either utilizing their ceiling tiles or not. I'm planning on a pair of their MegaTraps for the front corners of the room, at least, and perhaps a couple of MiniTraps for the walls at the reflection points. Of course, I might also just ask Acoustic Sciences Corporation to give a quote on improving the acoustics of the room in addition to their soundproofing expertise. I imagine it will be more than I want to spend, but it can't hurt to ask.

I'm sure I'll have to scale back some of my desires all around. I need more money.