Nothing ever works out perfectly.

They mis-measured slightly on the piece of countertop for the base cabinet to the left of the stove. They measured 26" from the wall to the very edge of the counter (crescent edge included) on the left side, then 26" to where the work surface meets the start of the crescent edge on right side, so it's just a little cock-eyed. It's not very noticeable, except when you're standing over it looking at the handle for the drawer below, or if you're specifically looking at how much the counter sticks out on either side of the stove. I'm thinking I'd rather live with it being a little off rather than go through the hassle of adapting my schedule to them coming out again, since they changed the install time twice on me already, the second time of which was hours after their arrival window--"Oh, by the way, we have to reschedule for tomorrow." I'll just see how much they want to knock off the price.

The other dumb thing is the faucet I got ages ago won't work. Too tall. I don't know where in the planning and re-planning of the layout I messed up, but I thought I still had a couple of inches of clearance. Not so. It wants several more inches to live under that upper cabinet. Rather than remove the cabinet above to accommodate my restaurant-style sprayer, I'm going to cry and gnash my teeth and live with this one from Costco: Hansgrohe Cento Kitchen Faucet

I sure have wasted some money from not knowing what I'm doing. Anyway, even if it's not what I wanted to begin with, I'm happy with how it's turning out. I didn't get as much accomplished as I wanted this weekend, but the sink is installed, the backsplash is installed, the new faucet is half-installed (my Dad ran out of time, so we'll see when we can coordinate again), and I put up an Oxo SteeL Kitchen Tool and Utensil Rack behind the sink to hang the various brushes I'll use to clean dishes.

I'll post pics again when it's all functional and I have a little more time to think of where I'm going to place appliances, etc.