Oh no, just found out the front tweeters and mids on both Active LFRs aren't operating. I wonder when they went out. It's both a testament to the speakers that they can still sound so full with just the rear portions working, as well as to my lack of golden ears. It seems like a bizarre coincidence that it's just the tweeters and mids on both. Woofer sections are both working. I'd like to think I would notice if just one side went out at a time, so I'm really not sure what happened. I would still guess it's amp issues as opposed to DSP, but I doubt I'll have the time to troubleshoot until the weekend. I don't look forward to the wait time to get stuff repaired, but at least I can move my M5HPs I'm using as rear surrounds up to the front to get by in the meantime. And I still have an ADA1000 sitting unused until I get a pre-pro or receiver that can do ceiling speakers, so I can do better than the receiver's amplification at least.

I don't think I make enough money to keep staying at Axiom's bleeding edge. When I'm out of warranty and it's going to cost too much to repair them, I may have to switch back to passive speakers with fewer amp channels. They sound so good and look so pretty, but it certainly comes with challenges. I think my last big audio splurge will be the Anthem AVM 70 8K--or whatever I land on--to see how much difference that part of the audio chain makes. I'll ride it as long as possible, and after that I imagine I'll return to more reasonably-price receivers because technology moves too fast.