Originally Posted By: brwsaw
They should be scheduling round you, especially if you haven't paid the invoice. It's the only control you'll have.
My two cents...

Unfortunately, with Home Depot, you pay first. With the issues we've had, I won't be making that mistake again.

For the countertop portion, we changed a couple of details during the templating, which he said might add to the cost. At that point, Home Depot was supposed to contact us if we had to pay more, as the contractor is only supposed to do the work after the balance has been paid. We never heard from Home Depot, so we assumed no extra cost. After the job was done, we finally heard from Home Depot, but of course we're not paying because of this mistake. They're supposed to contact Precision Countertops and get back to us. One of the other reasons I'd hesitate to have them out again is because I already put the backsplash up, which would make them pulling that piece and putting the new one (or this one, if they modify it) back in a little trickier. We'll see what happens.