I was messing with my older Sony RM-AV2000 remote the last couple of days, and while it is a great remote, the lack of current device labels is frustrating. I mean, who needs 3 VCR set ups?

Anyway, I started looking into remotes and came across the Harmony series, which a lot of people seem to like.

I looked at the popular 880, and then that lead me to the newer 720, but I wasn't fond of the reports that they don't sit in their charging docks worth a darn, and that the paint on higher usage buttons comes off. So I decided to drop about twice as much and ordered a Harmony One remote today.

Are their any tips, tricks, or gotchas that I should be aware of?

This is going to be yet another Christmas present for me to go with my new Blu-Ray player and Blu-Ray movies, so I won't get a chance to play with it until Christmas, but if there is anything I should know ahead of time, that would be great.

I already found a site with a bunch of custom LCD icons to download to the device, so maybe I'll start weeding through those now and build up a library of possibilities..

Out with the old....

In with the new....

Last edited by nickbuol; 11/22/08 08:35 PM.

Farewell - June 4, 2020