What's funny is that I finally got around to mounting the 40" LCD in our bedroom. So I resigned myself to using the cable provided remote. But having gotten used to MX900 remote down stairs EVERYONE started complaining how bad the remote upstairs was. So I dug out the Harmony 890 from storage, ordered a new set of batteries and hooked it up again.

It's much better than the stock remote that came with the cable STB (made by URC ironically) but it still is MUCH inferior (IMHO) to the URC remote. Even my wife and kids said "it's better, but it's not like the downstairs one!"

The one thing I realized is that remote is the ONE PIECE of home theater that you use the most. So don't skimp!!

And WHO IN THE HELL at Logitech decided that IR flasher cables should be joined near the end? (they are dual headed) I had to run another dual flasher to the TV because of the stupid mold at near the end that joins the two heads together (one cable with dual heads can't reach the TV and the STB - it's too far apart). idiotic!

Last edited by Hansang; 03/07/09 05:27 AM.

--
Denon 4520, EPIC80/500/VP180 Speakers