Originally Posted By: nickbuol
Well, I've been doing fine so far with just IR, so even if I can go from 5 remotes down to 1 nice remote, I am doing better. Plus, if I got the RF one, and then needed the RF to IR deal, I would be even more over the budget amount.

You are correct. The "RF deal" is not inexpensive.

I would echo what Ray had to say earlier. If you are looking for a remote, go to Surf Remote Control to see if they carry the remote in which you are interested. If the page with your remote-of-choice contains a link which says "Looking for a lower price? Click here or send an email to discounts@surfremotecontrol.com," by all means, do what it says. They give discounts of up to 50% off but can't advertise the discounted price due to agreements with the manufacturers. If the web page for your remote-of-choice doesn't have that link, the price you see is probably their discounted price or they don't offer a discount on that particular remote.

The guy who runs SRC, Mike, is a super nice guy who devotes a great deal of his time helping people who are asking questions about remote controls at forums all over the internet. I've even phoned him and he has helped.

DISCLAIMER: I have no relationship with SRC, business or otherwise.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton