Just another +1 for the Harmony One. I have one and love it. It's a very good remote - but then again it ought to be for the price! ;\) It's one of the only non OEM remotes that I've ever used that seems as quick & snappy as the original. Changing channels, volume, etc are all lightning quick. The layout is also superb, and it's easy to use just by feel (though it is fully backlit, of course).

I used to have a Harmony 550. It was pretty good, and can do nearly as much as the One can but for only $75. But several of the buttons that I frequently used died after about a year, and I got tired of replacing batteries every other month. I'm hoping the One will last longer, and of course the charging cradle handles the batteries. I've had mine for 5 months now and it's holding up well.

Harmony's programming software is pretty good, but it's not as seamless as they'd like you to believe. The initial 'just working' setup is pretty quick, but you will probably need to spend a bit of time setting up the remote to work the way you want to. It's taken me a good couple of hours to write the macros, set up the customized menus and so forth. The end result is worth it though, as anyone without any clue of how my system works can access any playback types (CD, DVD, SACD, satellite, PS2, AppleTV, etc) in my AV room simply touching one button. It's good, really. 100% Wife approved ;\) .

My One did freak out on me once though. I simply picked it up to turn on the TV and the touchscreen/display was all garbled and unreadable. I had to pull the batteries to reboot the remote, that seemed to fix it and it hasn't done it since.

Do check around for prices. You can do a lot better than the MSRP's $250. I bought mine on sale from Amazon for about $160.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 11/23/08 10:29 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office