Well... it took me a while longer to post the sequel... and I am too lazy to post pictures (so have all see a TV before!).
Of course, moving my old TV out pointed to a new one coming in. So friday I received my new 46" panasonic plama (it fits in my unit leaving only one inch on each side).

So far so good. My old one was one of the original Viera model. I can safely say they a few improvements since! The blacks are so black I can't distinguish them from the frames unless some back lights are causing the slightly glossy frames to shine (they should NOT have made them glossy at all at it detracts attention).

It's always fun to see what improves and what does not. Some upscaled shows are looking really good while others are worse as the poor quality of the transfer is more evident. Smoke, mists and clouds are much better (it was a complaint of mine about my old TV). I am currently re-watching 'planet Earth'. Even prettier than before.

The side advantages are that I now have a single-remote-button swap between my computer screen and my HT. I was getting a bit fed to have to get everytime my computer went "beep" because of an email from work that might prove urgent. Now, I am one button away to decide if it is worth bending to pickup my wireless mouse and keyboard to reply or not!

Well... now I have to wait a few more weeks for steps 3 and 4!

See Mojo's signature