Well, next steps are getting much closer for undisclosed (yet interesting) reasons.
In order for the next two steps to go well (and to avoid a very large number of mistakes I made with my current setup that has too many devices for simple organisation to work), I have actuallty planned properly the future disposition of my equipment, how they will be linked with my new ...... (that's right!) and how and where to build the cable rails at the back of my entertainment unit to avoid the tangled cable mess I am currently in.

For example of smarter moves, one of the main change is that I now have picked the equipment so that the ones needing disk changing are outside the glass door. Pretty simple stuff, I know...

So here is a word document describing all the devices and how they will be connected (almost interesting). Then there will be a drawing of the intended final look of my equipment from the front. And lasrt but not least, a view from the rear with the three main rails of cables. Also note the "nail power bars" which should simplify quite a bit the plugging and unplugging of equipment.

If your not bored already, I have other topics that will do the trick for you! \:\)

[img]http://eric-falardeau.com/Kodaly/step_2d_01_connections.docx[/img]

See Mojo's signature