Aaahhhhh! The cab ride back home was LONG. Actually, the whole process proved to be long as my bank has recently set new lower limits on everything and I had not reacted! So I had trouble paying the remainder of the purchase. They will be receiving a call from me at some point... but not today!

Ok, got it out of the box. Took a few pictures. Painfully (and, I mean, PAINFULLY) connected all those wires. Pfff... Way too many. And most of them are just become HDCP is preventing a lot of digital operations and I have to have backup SPDIF or analog (depending on the device). Anywho...

The unit is still very cold so I am taking a break. I have to admit that the packaging is excellent. It was difficult to open and it feels like it can withstand all but the most destroy of carriers.

1. The new box
2. The new box partially open
3. The new box more open \:\)
4. The unit up front with the A1400 in the background
5. The unit with a close up
6. All them holes to fill!
7. The unit dominating the room
8. The holes and the plugs are courting...
9. View from the left, connected (missing one HDMI connection pending new cables shipped)
10. View from the back.
11. The "accessories". Note the two remotes for multi-zone (very nice touch as it is often the pricy items that neglects that sort of things are charge you even more!)

Now I have a few commands to teach my 890, upload the new remote config and I will be able to pass to the next phase: downloading the configuration through the serial port (another "high-tech box" that seems allergic to USB!).

Back in a little while!

See Mojo's signature