And I thought I was going to be able to spend the whole day writing! Spent a few hours between specs and manuals and realized I needed to pass a few more analog cables to get audio in all circumstances (including when content is flagged as "do not copy"). BUT, the good news is that I'm all ready (apart from the three items listed Yesterday); even my remote control is fully re-configured to manage all the equipment from all the places.

The pre/pro is also already configured (they have a PC program) and all I need to connect with a serial cable!

SO, as I 'promised' yesterday, here are the list of "zones" and their purpose.

LIVING ROOM: Powered by A1400-8 as "zone 3" (it's a '12v trigger' thing). In that area, all videos end up at 1080p and all audio formats are supported.

OFFICE: (audio) Zone 2 analog output is used to connect to Audiobytes. Only the audio of the PS3 requires me to configure/reconfigure 'multi-audio' out. All the others are supplying (through the source itself or the processor) a stereo version.

OFFICE: (video) A copy of the HDMI signal sent to the TV in the living room is also sent to an HDMI switch in my office connected to my secondary display (a 1080p LCP monitor). The monitor is not HDCP so no Blu-ray or HD-DVD in my office (which doesn't bother me). The important was to be able to watch sporting events while I write or work.

REVISION ROOM: (audio) M22s (eventually augmented by QS-8) powered by Onkyo 805. Two separate audio lines are coming in. An SPDIF from the "digital record" output of the processor carries the original source if the source was also SPDIF or a re-sampled 24/96 PCM if the source was analog (if the source is HDMI it cannot be used unless a source-downmixed stereo version or 6-channel analog is also present at the same time).

REVISION ROOM: (audio) The second audio line is actually the unbalanced pre-outs of the processor (active at the same time as the balanced ones). It is used to feed the Onkyo directly. If the source is 6-channel direct, then the revision room receives unprocessed analog output. This is for use with SACD changer and it also fully supports simulcast (watching something while listening to something else).

REVISION ROOM: (video) That room contains my good old 720p TV. It takes its input from the secondary HDMI output of the processor which can be configured independently from the first one (but showing the same thing).

Well, that's about it! There is heck of a lot more details then what I just mentioned, but it more or less sums it up.

I'll be back to bother you people when my pre/pro is no longer Back Order...

Last edited by EFalardeau; 11/16/09 01:32 AM.

See Mojo's signature