I finally got a over-expensitve Zektor MAS7.1 for much cheaper (they are issuing a new HDMI1.3-compliant box and a store was getting rid of its last 1.2). Since I don't need the HDMI switch, the reduced price (250$US), while very steep, was more manageable than the 600$ MSRP!

Anyway...
I received it this morning. So now I have full 6-ch audio from both my SACD disk changer! The Zektor is pretty big and I had all sorts of problems fitting it (with the rigid cables) in the "cross-connect" drawer. I even had to put some stuff in front of the box to leave enough space for the IR blaster to do its job!

The slight ground loop I had with two channel music (I am using separate connections to allow the D2v to use PLII and Neo) is now gone!

The beast (you can see the size compared to the 890 remote!

The drawer where it has to fit.

The barely fitting (it took me three attempts before I managed to close the drawer without disconnecting anything!).

And I have room for a 3rd SACD disk changer! \:\) (not likely before QUITE a while)

I have to admit it is a nice feeling to be finally done with that part. Now, according to initial plan, all I need is a pair of QS8 for the back room and I'll be done. Coincidentally, the landlord has been working a lot in that room lately (construction work). He may be soundproofing it, which would be a great timing for me!

After that.... a TV and speakers for the bedroom? \:\)
Doubtful as I am aiming at a house in 18-24 months and need to pile up some cash!

See Mojo's signature