I thought that might be the hardest test but wasn’t sure so I tried the two modes 7.1 Dolby PLIIx and 2ch the ones I mostly use. I’ve occasionally used multi-channel stereo for some TV shows. Just for kicks I’ll give it a try tomorrow as I don’t think the neighbors will appreciate me pumping out 100dB though it was only hitting about 70dB at the nearest property line when I went outside and measured it during the earlier test.

I was very happy with my 2807 and would be happy to buy another Denon however no one seemed to have a Denon model I wanted locally and I didn’t feel like ordering over the internet when another brand was available. Plus this gives me a chance to try something new. To many variables to know why (newer, better tech, Audyssey works/is better version) but this Onkyo blows my older Denon away. No need to compare them directly at all. It’s not as stark a difference as moving from the HDTV to the projector but it’s about half way there.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1