It’s just a 40” 6000 series Samsung UN40B6000. I had tried to other a 24” and a 46” other brands but don’t remember which off the top of my head. I finically settled on the Samsung because it was on sale and it’s size made it easily portable for me which I needed to be able to get it out of the way for critical movie watching/gaming since it’s sitting on a stand in front of my left seat.

I wouldn’t get one unless it’s on sale otherwise the price it to high compared to other stuff out there. Also not sure if it’s typical of LED-LCDs but the off angle image quality drops off quickly. Not a problem for me since I’m the only one looking at it. Otherwise black levels, contrast and colour all seem very good. Some reviews complain of uneven backlighting but I haven’t noticed it but then I mostly use it as a monitor not for movies. Most importantly, for computer use, the image very sharp.

I use it as a primary computer monitor and a backup display. I need something to both keep the hours from piling up on my projector lamp and to make the computers play nice with the projector. For some reason the AE4000 will not properly display 1920x1080x60 over VGA. The image shows but it’s squished in to fit the size of a standard 4x3 TV screen. I’ve updated everything possible and tired every combination of cabling but the only way the AE4000 comes close to properly displaying (still wont fit side to side perfectly) over VGA is when another display is also hooked up when the computer is boot up.

The reason I’m using VGA is to use my KVM switch since I do a lot of switching between computers and it makes that easy. I have also hooked up my HTPC and Gaming machine via HDMI but I have to use a remote to switch between them rather than just the keyboard which is a pain. IsoGear has a 4 port HDMI KVM switch but at about $300 from Amazon it’s a bit steep and who knows if it even works. The only HDMI switch I could get to play nice with all my equipment in the past is the Monoprice one I have now. I’ve never looked up Amazon’s return policy to see if I ordered it and it didn’t work if I could return it. That’s one thing I’ve liked about Fry’s Electronics is they’ve never even questioned me about returning something even when I just returned two TV because one was to small and the other was to big. Unfortunately they don’t sell and HDMI KVM switch yet.

Sorry Jeff I haven’t looked into getting those remote codes yet.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1