I got the chance to check out a Samsung 3D HDTV again today while getting my car stereo installed.

The movie “Monsters vs Aliens” was awesome. Debris shooting off the screen at you from explosions and overall great depth in the picture. It really looked fantastic.

They also put on a standard movie and allowed the TV to convert it to 3D using it’s own processing. Not impressed at all. Virtually no change so hardly even worth wearing the glasses.

They also put on “Avatar.” It instantly made my left eye hurt to look at it. I injured that eye in the Marine Corps so it’s focus is a little off from the right eye but normally that’s not a problem unless I’m a distance close enough where the right eye can still focus but the left can’t in which case the left eye starts to hurt from straining to focus. No matter where I stood that sensation would not go away as long as I was looking at “Avatar” on the screen.

I didn’t see a 3D TV in my near future anyway, probably wont upgrade until 3D projectors start becoming mainstream.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1